Monday, November 14, 2011
- Viking has continuously set the standard within the river cruise industry—we have the newest ships and largest staterooms.
- Viking is the most all-inclusive of any river cruise line—from port charges, bottled water and premium bath products in your stateroom to accommodations, wi-fi, meals, complimentary wine with lunch and dinner on board, tours and much more—you pay one low price.
- 2-FOR-1 cruise fares start at only $1,156 per person.
- Six revolutionary new vessels will join our award- winning fleet — the Viking Longships. State-of-the-art Viking Aegir, Viking Embla, Viking Freya, Viking Idun, Viking Njord and Viking Odin feature full-size staterooms with full-size verandas and more.
- The best fleet in Russia just got even better — fully refurbished Viking Helgi, Viking Ingvar, Viking Rurik, and Viking Truvor will sail Russia’s waterways.
- Save an additional 3% when you pay via e-check.
Note: * $1,156 per person price is based on select double occupancy Rhine Getaway departures.
Cruise fares listed are for cruise and cruisetour only in U.S. dollars, per person and fares/discount offers are based on double occupancy. 2012 Early Booking Discount: 2-FOR-1 cruise and up to 2-FOR-1 international air (Waterways of the Czars, Footsteps of the Cossacks and Egypt itineraries from BOS, EWR, NYC, PHL or PIT and China itineraries from LAX, PDX, SFO or SEA; all other gateways slightly higher) are considered a single offer. Europe itineraries receive $250, $300, $400 or $500 off per person on international air. 2-FOR-1 land tour for Glories of the Hermitage itinerary and air at brochure price are considered a single offer. International air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. Must request offer EBD at time of booking and pay in full by December 16, 2011, or within 90 days of departure, if earlier. Offers valid on new bookings only as of 11/1/11, subject to availability and may not be combinable with any other offers except Past Guest Travel Credit and Referral Rewards Credit, are capacity controlled and may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Air promotion applies to economy, roundtrip flights only from select Viking River Cruises North American gateways and includes airport-to-ship or hotel transfers, air taxes and air fuel surcharges. Viking reserves the right to correct errors and to change any and all fares, fees and surcharges at any time. Additional terms and conditions apply. For Passenger Ticket Contract and offer restrictions, see your travel agent for complete details. Offer expires 12/16/11. CST#2052644-40 11/12C
Thursday, November 10, 2011
The Japan Rail Pass, which is issued by the JR (Japan Railway) Group, offers travelers excellent value for money and convenience. The Rail Pass enables the almost unlimited use of JR trains and its affiliated bus and ferry services within various areas of Japan. The Japan Rail Pass can also be used for the Tokyo monorail to Haneda Airport and the Narita Express to Narita Airport.
The Japan Rail Pass is available only to people from abroad who wish to travel to Japan as “temporary visitors” for sightseeing. The pass must be purchased before entering Japan.
Japan Rail Pass exchange rate for November 10th 2011 through November16th 2011 - 1 USD =77.53 JPY
JR Pass prices are updated for the current exchange rate every Thursday.
See http://www.nakastrav … l.com/rail-pass.html for details and current pricing.
Japan’s four major islands, Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku are covered by an extensive and reliable network of railways. About 70 percent of Japan’s railway network is owned and operated by the Japan Railways (JR), while the remaining 30 percent belongs to dozens of other private railway companies, especially in and around metropolitan areas.
The Japan Railways Group, more commonly known as JR Group (JRグループ), is made up of six regional passenger railway companies, which are JR Hokkaido, JR East, JR Central, JR West, JR Shikoku, and JR Kyushu, and one nationwide freight railway company, JR Freight. Together they operate a nationwide network of urban, regional and inter-regional train lines, night trains and shinkansen (bullet trains).
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Save $800 per couple on all 2012 Europe air-inclusive vacations*
Take away Europe’s hassles. And there’s so much more to Enjoy!
You’ve been dreaming of seeing Europe forever. With Globus, you can make sure every moment is perfect. Our variety of tours take care of all the planning, navigating, and hassling for you. Your only responsibility is to take it all in. Enjoy!
*Book a 2012 Globus Europe air-inclusive vacation to receive $400 off the air price per person. Booking must be made and under deposit between September 14 and November 29, 2011 for travel between January 1 and October 31, 2012. Offer not valid with any other offer except Journeys Club Repeat Traveler benefit. Applies to new 2012 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Certain government-imposed taxes and fees of up to $375, including a September 11th Security fee of up to $10, are additional and must be paid by each traveler. Additional restrictions may apply.
It all began more than 80 years ago when a young man purchased a rowboat to transport visitors across Lake Lugano, Switzerland. Who would have thought that this single rowboat would launch one of the world’s leading travel companies?
Today, the Globus family of brands is a global company reaching every corner of the world, yet remains family-owned and steeped in the values Antonio had when he set out across Lake Lugano—to enlighten travelers by showing them the very best of the destinations we know so well.
Reasons to Travel with Globus
- A variety of travel styles and specialty travel to meet the desires of today’s traveler.
- VIP access means no waiting in lines to see major sites throughout your journey.
- Inside visits to major and must-see sites are included in the vacation price.
- Expert Tour Directors share their unique stories and knowledge to help you truly experience each destination like a local.
- First-class and above pre-selected hotels are located right where you want to be.