Friday, May 27, 2011
2011 Worldwide Uchinanchu Taikai Caravan
Governor Hirokazu Nakaima Comes To Hawaii !
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 , 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Place: Hawaii Okinawa Center, Legacy Ballroom
The 5th Worldwide Uchinanchu Taikai Overseas Caravan group will be visiting Kenjinkais in Canada, New York, Los Angeles and their last stop: Honolulu!
If you are interested in participating in the 5th Worldwide Uchinanchu Taikai in October, please join us on Wednesday, June 8th at 7 p.m. The Caravan group will be ready to share information about the Taikai and will also show the DVD of the last Taikai that took place five years ago. It is their hope that their visit and sharing will create excitement and enthusiastic participation in the Taikai. With the talented and famous Daiichi Hirata in the midst of the Taikai Caravan group, we can expect an exciting “finale”! So, see y’all on June 8th !
Please contact us if you will be attending and if you will be traveling to the Taikai with the Naka’s Travel Service 5th Worldwide Uchinanchu Festival Tour to Okinawa. If you are not connected with a tour group and are traveling independently, please call the Hawaii United Okinawa Association at 676-5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know of your attendance.
Roster of Taikai Caravan Group:
- Governor Hirokazu Nakaima, Okinawa Prefecture
- Kiichiro Miyagi, Governor’s Secretary
- Hidetoshi Chinen, Governor’s Interpreter
- Daiichi Hirata, Director General, Dept. of Culture, Tourism & Sports
- Tae Tengan, Deputy Taikai Chair
- Yasuhiko Yogi, Chief of Taikai Participant Coordination Section
- Matthew Anderson, Coordinator for International Relations